Tuesday 21 October 2014

Apple. Butter. Cheese.

I've awoken from my slumber. At least that is how it feels.  After a few weeks of holding down two jobs, completing renos, and keeping a family running I now have less on my plate.  Yippee!  More time for creating!

A couple of weeks ago, I was invited by a friend of mine to join her at a local festival.  I'm almost embarrassed to say that despite living in the area for 10+ years I have never been to the Wellesley Apple Butter and Cheese festival.  This year was my first and I got to be a vendor!  I still didn't have as much product as I would have liked (Do you ever?) but managed a fairly good display.  By the time I took this photo, the Olaf hat had already sold.


Display including new screen
Despite being held on the last Saturday of September it was hot.  The temperature hit 30 degrees celsius and it was super sunny.  Most craft vendors were in the arena but we were outdoors which was nice actually.  No matter where you went, it was hot.  It was nice to be out in the sun enjoying all those who were visiting the festival.

If you read my post about the show in Elmira, you'll know that I also had wanted to improve my display for the next show.  Thanks to some time on Pinterest, I was able to do so.  Thanks Pinterest!  I built myself a screen to hang items on (instructions to come in later post), sewed a green chevron accent table cloth, and made use of my vintage suitcases. Due to limited space, I pushed the screen into the corner behind the table.  All in all, I'm happy with the look.  I'd love to hear what you think.  

What an amazing day!  I realized that doing this craft shows is really what I love to do.  It doesn't feel like work.  I really enjoy sitting and working on projects (since knitting in portable :), talking to people visiting the show, and meeting other vendors.  

Some of my items including quilts for sale by Aimee MIchelle Designs



No comments :

Post a Comment